This recipe turns out fudgy with a crackly top.
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- a very heavy 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (recipe called for 2/3 cup, but I’d say I added an extra 2 tablespoons of flour to that)
- 1/2 kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
I made this recipe today in honor of my grandson Noah’s seventh birthday. It was his special request. When they came out of the oven, my son Benji couldn’t wait to eat one warm. He said, “You can’t buy brownies like these anywhere- in a restaurant, supermarket, anywhere.”
Over a pot of simmering water, put a glass bowl. Put butter and oil in, melt a bit, and put chocolate chips in. Mix over simmering water till melted. Take bowl off heat. Add cocoa, sugars, espresso, eggs, vanilla. Mix till blended. Add flour, baking powder, salt. Mix with rubber spatula just till blended. Grease pan. Put parchment paper in with overhang. Grease parchment. Put batter in. Bake at 350 for about 20 min. till toothpick comes out clean. Cool before slicing.