This is a very simple, but perfect recipe for blueberry muffins. I adapted this recipe from one I got from a mother of one of my daughter Randi’s friends when Randi was in the second grade. So I’ve been making this recipe for about 17 years. And in all that time, I have never tasted a better muffin than this. I have given this recipe out to countless friends and family. One of my mother’s and my wonderful friends, Sherill, who is a marvelous baker, adores this recipe. Whenever she sees me, she thanks me for giving her this recipe. If you bake a batch, you will discover the wonderful taste and texture of these muffins, and you will be hooked, too!
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour (Sometimes, I use 1 cup organic unbleached King Arthur flour plus 1/2 cup organic white whole wheat King Arthur flour, or 3/4 cup of each but my daughter uses all whole wheat- the 1 1/2 cups. I prefer the mix of the two. When I do this, I add a little more milk, just maybe a tablespoon to adjust for the heavier flour). 5/31/13- I added about 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice too, as I had the extra lemon- very nice, but not necessary. 5/31/14- I added a little lemon zest and the lemon juice- liked it.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I’ve been reducing this to a little less than the 1/2-somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 now)
- 1 extra large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use corn, canola, or extra-light olive oil, but light olive oil is my preference)
- 1/4 cup whole milk (You can also use lowfat or skim if that’s what you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (no pulp, and not from concentrate- I have also squeezed juice straight from an orange)
- about 2 cups fresh- preferably or 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, rinsed and then dried with a paper towel, dusted with flour before adding to mixture
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and put muffin cups into a fodboldtrøjer børn standard 12 muffin tin. In a large mixing bowl, put flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk by hand just to blend the dry ingredients. Set aside.
Measure the oil into a one or two cup pyrex measuring cup, add the 1/4 cup milk to the oil, then the 1/4 cup orange juice. Crack the egg in, then mix with fork to blend.
Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients in; fold the wet ingredients into the dry with a rubber spatula only until they are just blended. Do not overmix! When the mixture is still lumpy, gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups- about 3/4 cup full. Bake them about 25 minutes until they are browned on top. Cool the pan on a wire rack until the muffins are cool enough to take out.
Note- I make another variety by using jam instead of blueberries. I spoon a little batter in each muffin cup. I use a miniature ice cream scoop to measure out enough batter just to cover the bottom of the muffin cup. Then I put about a teaspoon or so of either raspberry, strawberry, cherry jam on top of the batter. Then, I top the jam off with another scoop of batter. Just pop these jam muffins in the oven. Your children will love these as much as mine do!
Another variation is to leave the berries out, and mix in about 6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips with the batter. Buy Tadalafil Online Cheap – No Prescription needed. 100% Satisfaction! Cheapest Drugs for sale. Easy and Fast order processing. Fast order buy tadalafil online cheap. Buy Tadalafil Online Cheap. Online Drug Shop, Secure and Anonymous. We ship with EMS. All medications are certificated! Sildenafil without prescription. Men who suffer from Erectile Dysfunction (ED) can go to their GP for Sildenafil. But what if talking to your GP is too daunting sildenafil without prescription. Buy Sildenafil Without Prescription. Men’s Health. Women’s Health , Safe & Secure, Blood Pressure, Dental Whitening..