I’m always trying new recipes I think my grandkids might like. I made this simple recipe yesterday. I was skyping with my son Benji who’s in Vietnam right now. We were discussing all the different recipes he wants me to make when he gets home in a few weeks. I was showing him pictures of the beefaroni I was cooking and he told me that on the night he gets home from Vietnam, he wants that dish waiting for him.
- 1 lb. good chop meat (I bought Whole Foods short rib chop meat)
- 1 28 oz. can organic Cento chunky style crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 medium to large onion chopped
- about 6-7 garlic cloves chopped
- dried oregano (about 1 teaspoon)
- about 3/4 lb. of pasta (I used De Cecco wagon wheels)
- parmesan for serving
Saute onion for a few minutes in about 2 tablespoons olive oil till soft. Add garlic and saute a few minutes. Add chop meat and brown over low flame. Add salt and pepper and oregano. Then add tomatoes and pure. Break up the chunks of tomatoes with the spoon or spatula you are using to mix. Cook over medium to low flame about 15-20 min dvakotla.com.ua. You don’t want to reduce or lose too much of liquid, cause you’ll need it.
Boil your water and cook pasta till al dente. Drain, and add about 3/4 of the box or pound to the meat sauce. You’re ready to serve. If you are serving it later, just heat it up in the microwave, because baking it in oven will dry it out.