I tried a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that includes a bit of cornstarch in it. I also used unsalted margarine instead of butter since my grandson may have a dairy allergy. The cookies came out soft and fluffy and delicious.
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks unsalted Fleishmann’s margarine, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra large egg, at room temperature
- 2 scant teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached organic flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix margarine in mixer till quite soft. Add sugars and beat till fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix till fluffy. Add dry ingredients just until blended. Add chocolate chip cookies.
Bake at 350 degrees till just beginning to brown around the edges.