This sauce is a breeze to make, and you can use it for your homemade pizza, as a sauce for eggplant parm, or just over pasta.
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin or light olive oil
- lots of fresh garlic- maybe 6-8 cloves finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar (optional)
In saucepan over medium flame, heat oil, add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and saute till garlic is translucent. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and simmer covered over low flame for about 1 hour. Re-season as needed.