I’ve made many different recipes for corn bread and corn muffins. I happened to have on hand a mix from Stonewall Kitchen for cornbread which I used for corn muffins. Although I usually am pretty negative towards mixes, I have to admit that this one was great. The muffins had that perfect taste between savory and sweet, slightly reminiscent of the sweet Thomas Toaster Cakes I loved when I was a kid. My daughter in law really enjoyed them, and she requested I make some for her to take back to Vietnam with her. I didn’t have another of that mix, so I had to choose from one of the many recipes I’ve used in the past. I settled on one I haven’t made for years from my old Fannie Farmer Cookbook. The muffins came out great. The second batch I made, I divided the batter in half and I added 1 cup of buy modafinil fresh blueberries to the one half. I actually added an extra tablespoon of sugar the second time I made the muffins, and I liked the end result.
Adapted from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook recipe entitled, “Rich Corn Cake” :
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (I used Quaker yellow cornmeal)
- 1 cup organic unbleached flour (I always use King Arthur Flour)
- 4 tablespoons sugar (I used 5 the second time)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (original recipe calls for cream of tartar)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream (I use Daisy because it is the purest brand of sour cream)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (I used salted)
- optional – blueberries- about 1 cup for half the batter if you want to do half muffins plain and half with blueberries.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put canadian pharmacy 12 paper muffin cups in muffin tin.
In mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
Mix milk, eggs, sour cream with a whisk. Then pour in melted butter (but slightly cooled). Mix with whisk. Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix quickly with rubber spatula just till combined and you can’t see any pharmacy online streaks of the flour. Scoop into muffin cups.
Bake 20 minutes, just till tops are starting to brown.
Eat hot with lots of butter!