I promised Noah that I’d make his favorite dessert -cheesecake – for the Jewish holidays, and I decided to make some cheesecake bars since it seemed so easy. I looked at a few recipes, and put them together with my “Newest Cheesecake” recipe to come up with my own recipe. I’m surprised at how creamy and yummy they turned out.
Butter sides and bottom of 9 inch square pan. Then line pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, pressing down on sides and bottom. Grease the foil- the bottom. Then make the graham crack crust. Pat firmly down, and bake at 325 degrees for about 10 min. Put in fridge to cool down crust quickly.
graham cracker crust:
- Melt 5 tablespoons salted butter
- Add 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Add pinch salt
- about 18-19 oz. regular, not light, Philadelphia cream cheese (about 2 bars and 1/4th (2-3 oz. more) of another bar (room temp)
- about 1/3 cup Daisy full fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs or 2 1/2 extra large (I did this)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- pinch kosher salt
Cream room temp cream cheese till lump-free in mixer. Add sugar and blend. Add eggs one at a time till blended. Add lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and flour, and mix only till blended. On low speed blend in the sour cream. Pour into cooled crust. Bake for 35-40 min. till set and a little jiggly in center. Let sit on counter till totally cooled, and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.