This is a light, fresh, citrusy salad that’s great in any season.
- a combination of romaine, green leaf, and baby spinach
- peeled cucumber , cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- about 2 slices of red onion, cut into small pieces
- about 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 5-7 sliced strawberries
- 1 apple cut into bite sized pieces
- a handful of broken by hand Whole Foods Sea Salt Pita Chips
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons country Dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Did you like the story or the recipe....
Adele Hochheiser's (Sister's) Dairy Noodle Pudding/Kugel - (Plus- Look at the footnote to see a healthier variation on the classic using whole grain egg noodles) by admin
Serve this amazing side dish to go along with a light dairy meal, as part of a brunch buffet, or for your Yom Kippur break the fast feast! My wonderful mother, Shirley Fried, got this recipe from her best friend and our favorite neighbor, Adele Hochheiser.
Alu Ki Tikki or Indian Potato Patties by Judy
I was lucky enough to eat some delicious authentic, homemade Indian food at the home of my friend Swapna and her lovely son Aditya.
Amazing Chocolate Cake by Judy
It was my daughter's anniversary today, so I decided to make a yummy dinner for her and her husband (and kids).