Whenever I go out for a breakfast or a brunch, I always think about ordering the quiche, but I usually don’t make that selection because I’m usually disappointed. I’ve had a yen for the perfect slice of quiche, and my son Benji put in the request, so I obliged.
Wow. I put together a bunch of recipes and came up with this. The result was quiche heaven. The consistency was creamy but light like a soufflee at the same time!
- 1 Oronique deep dish pie crust (very important to use a deep dish crust. I have found this crust to be the best tasting.
- 5- 6 oz. swiss cheese, grated by hand (you can substitute gruyere)
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- scant 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- no nutmeg (to me that ruins the recipe!)
- about 10 -11 oz. crispy bacon, broken into bite sized pieces, not crumbles! (I use Nature’s Promise, which I bake on a foil lined sheet pan at 425 degrees, till crispy, then I drain on paper towels)
First, take crust out of freezer, use a fork to prick pharmacy online bottom and sides. Bake for 10 min. at 350 degrees. Take out of oven while you prepare the filling and raise temperature to 375 degrees.
Cook your bacon as described above in list of ingredients. Drain and set aside.
Grate the cheese by hand.
For filling, mix eggs and cream well with a fork. Add canadian pharmacy online salt and pepper. Place pie crust on a sheet pan lined with foil.
Spread cheese on bottom of crust. Then spread bacon evenly over cheese.
Ladle the custard over bacon and cheese. You may not be able to use all the filling because it will overflow, but save it for a few minutes later after the quiche has started to cook.
Begin to bake on middle rack of oven. After about 15 min., pull oven shelf out with sheet pan carefully and spoon any remaining custard into the quiche.
Bake for about 45 to 55 min. until entire pie is puffed nicely. Let sit modafinil online on counter for about 15 min. before serving.