I made this dressing/dip today to go with some of my fried chicken fingers. I’m always motivated to make food my daughter, her husband, and especially my grandchildren will love, and chicken fingers are a pretty sure bet. I made some homemade fried chicken fingers and a big fresh salad. Tonight we’ll slice up the chicken and add it to the salad and drizzle it with this yummy dressing. And as for the kids, they’ll undoubtedly opt for no salad and dipping their chicken fingers in ketchup.
I’m back home and feeling wonderful about the day I spent with my daughter and my grandkids. When my youngest grandson Ezra was savoring his first chicken tender, I said, “Did you know that Safta (that’s me) made these for you?” He answered so adorably, “No, Safta, I didn’t know that.” His cuteness is almost too much for me.
When my daughter took her first bite of the chicken dipped in my sauce, she shook her head and said, “Oh, this is so good.” Her response was worth any effort I expended.
- 1 cup Fage 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- about 7 chives, minced
- about 20 grinds black pepper
- about 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- about 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- about 1/2 teaspoon Litehouse brand freeze dried dill
- about 5 shakes hot sauce, about 1/4 to 1/3 cup buttermilk (I used Friendship 1.5%)
- rind of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl; add more buttermilk if it’s too thick; refrigerate.