I took my homemade dressing which has a Greek vinaigrette taste, and I added some pasta, and some veggies to create a pasta salad that tastes similar to a Greek salad.
It’s a little heartier than just a salad, and it makes a great leftover lunch.
For the dressing:
- juice from 1 large lemon (about ¼ cup)
- ½ cup olive oil (I use a combination of light and extra virgin)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sun dried tomatoes (in oil) minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
In a mixing bowl, whisk the lemon juice, the oregano, the salt, the pepper, the red pepper flakes, the optional sun-dried tomatoes, the lemon zest, and the garlic. Then add the oil slowly as you continue to whisk. You can make this earlier in the day, and put it in a plastic container with a tight fitting lid. Then when you are ready to use it, give it a few good shakes, and pour it over the salad right before you serve the salad.
for the pasta salad:
12 oz. rotelle or penne
1 1/2 greenhouse cucumbers, cut into 1/2 in. chunks
about 12 kalamata pitted olives, cut in half
a few slices of red onion, diced
1-2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2 in. chunks
1 pint of grape tomatoes, cut in half
about 1 lb. of good feta, cut into 1/2 in. chunks
Cook the pasta till al dente. Run under cool water. Place in large serving bowl, and add all the veggies. Then pour vinaigrette over salad and mix. Put in fridge until ready to serve.