For my new granddaughter’s baby naming party, I wanted to make one more spectacular hot brunch item. I’ve made my french toast bread pudding recipe a few times to rave reviews, but there’s something I don’t like about it, and that’s the syrup that’s on the bottom. It’s too sweet for me, mostly. I found a recipe on Kitchen Treaty called Cinnamon Blueberry Overnight French Toast that I mixed with my own recipe. So I pretty much kept the custard part of my recipe, added a sprinkling of blueberries, and sprinkled the top with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Most importantly, when I took the masterpiece out of the oven, I drizzled the entire top of it with pure maple syrup. Oh my gosh, I can’t express how delicious this was. Everyone who ate it loved it and commented on the absolute perfection of the dish. My daughter called me to tell me that I need to make one entire casserole for her family because she did not get enough of it and because her husband got none. This is an outstanding recipe, and what makes it even better is that you can prepare it a few hours ahead, or the night before, as I did, and bake it off the next day.
for the custard:
- 1 challah (I use Zommick’s 15 oz. challah, which I buy at Stop and Shop
- 8 extra jumbo eggs
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of blueberries (optional, but I used them)
for the topping:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
essential ingredient for serving:
about 4-6 oz. pure maple syrup- medium grade
1. Cut the challah into slices about 1 inch thick. Then cut the slices into pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches big. Let them sit out to get a little stale. If I don’t have the time for that, I put them on a cookie sheet and stick them in a 200 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes (I did this for baby naming party).
2. Grease sides and bottom of large oval or rectangular 9 by 13 pan with butter.
3. Place the pieces of challah in so they fit like a puzzle. If you have to squeeze a few in, that’s fine, but use the entire challah.
4. Sprinkle the blueberries on top of the challah pieces; you can push some of them down a little into some crevices.
5. Whisk the eggs, light cream, sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla in a mixing bowl. Ladle the custard evenly over the bread.
6. Refrigerate over night or for a few hours till you are ready to bake.
7. Before you put into the oven, sprinkle the topping evenly over the top, using all of it.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min. until top is puffed (even the center) and a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Take out of the oven, and immediately drizzle the maple syrup all over the top of the casserole.
10. Serve immediately!When you need to buy sildenafil online without prescription? You must buy sildenafil online, if you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, buy sildenafil online without prescription cheap place to buy doxycycline . Buy Sildenafil Online Without Prescription Order Viagra Plus Online From Canada Discount Prices Cheap Sildenafil No Prescription Discount Prices. Order Sildenafil Online Cheap. Great Discounts. A whopping woody table, my dream. I desire complete of the remits i amusement you in this post order sildenafil online cheap. Order Sildenafil Online – Cheap Pills Online. Sildenafil relaxes muscles and increases blood flow to particular areas of the body..
Did you like the story or the recipe....
Croissant Bread Pudding With Chocolate Chips by Judy
I recently watched an old episode of Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, and he made a luscious looking bread pudding.
Easy To Make Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding by Judy
Serve This Bread Pudding For Breakfast, Brunch, or Dessert! I have a few recipes for bread pudding.
French Toast Bread Pudding With Challah by admin
This Delicious Recipe For French Toast Bread Pudding Will Warm You On A Cold Winter Morning! My family adores french toast.